Adopting a pet is a streamlined process to ensure the pet you adopt is a lifetime buddy. Consider using our online Pet Matching Tool before you complete your online Pet Adoption forms.
1) Complete all sections on the application (adoption form), this includes two references, veterinarian, and all phone numbers requested. Be sure to press ‘submit’ when finished.
2) Your completed application goes to LSAR’s email and will be processed.
3) A board member will screen all applications received. They will contact your veterinarian, your references, and you if there are any questions or clarifications needed.
4) If your household seems like a good fit for the animal and the animal is a good fit for the applicant(s), you will be contacted and we will set up a time and place to meet.
5) Screening process may take several days to complete depending on number of applications, time needed to contact references and veterinarian.
6) If we don’t have the new best friend you are looking for, please consider these other local rescues/shelters:
All Hearts Rescue, Polson (406) 212-7544
Mission Valley Animal Shelter, Polson (406) 883-5312
TRACS, Thompson Falls (406) 827-TRACS (8722)
Western Montana Humane Society , Missoula (406) 549-3934